Monday, May 12, 2008

Searching for a Candidate

In the past weeks, I've been trying to figure out where I stand to best choose a candidate to waste my vote on this fall (I live in Minnesota -- our electoral votes will go to the Democratic nominee).

Part of this madness started by trying to see whether I'm Chicago school or Austrian school (lately, I tend to think Austrian). One item I enjoyed recently on my journey was How I Became a Christian Libertarian by Steven Yates at LewRockwell.com. Currently, I think this comes as close to the mark as I've seen.

I consider myself to be a conservative, and that leaves me feeling a little left out in the upcoming 2008 presidential election. I'm not alone in thinking For President: None of the Above, but I doubt I've got a whole lot of company. [Or so I thought until I read the comments here.]

Some can put The Republican Party's Real Problem In A Nutshell. My version is that the GOP merely decided to tack left and chuck the conservatives.

I'd started writing this about a week ago before similarly-themed hoopla broke out. I'm a patient shopper -- I'll keep looking.

No comments: